marți, 25 mai 2010

Ritto 2010


  Lately, the most interesting thing I've done was volunteering at Ritto ( Romanian International Table Tennis Open ). Since I found out it takes only three days, I told myself it's an opportunity to get rid of boredom! So on Thursday, after school I started my job. I remember I saw many volunteers getting bored, because they had nothing to do, so I started to search by myself a place where I could help. That place was the tent, where we had to serve food to the players. I have to recognize I enjoyed being a waitress. There, I was able to meet all the players and, even if I got mad because some of them were really choosey, others smiled and treated us really well, so for them I decided to keep my mouth quiet.


The funniest thing that happened in the tent was when a new volunteer asked me what she had to do. Of course I didn't know so I asked Maria, that was responsible with the food court. She told us that if someone at the table watches us we have to go and ask how we may help. Micky, the most popular from Little People among new volunteers, watched us from the table and that girl pointed out: " That Chinese guy is watching us. I think we have to go and ask him what he needs!" I recognized Micky and I said: "That Chinese is actually a Japanese and he's Micky from Little People!" The girl recognized him immediately after I said that and shouted : " Oh, Micky!" Then we started to laugh out loud.

  Another thing I experienced at Ritto was being a ball girl. It was really tiring for me, because I don't like doing the same thing for hours and especially for someone who doesn't like you around him/her.
  I also went at the Premiere hotel to oversee player's transport. There, I met a player that I made friends with and I'm still in touch with him, surprisingly for me.
  Another funny incident was when I accidentally let off the shower, and all the water fell into the box of yogurts. After that, we had to take the boxes outside and when Vlad ( a volunteer) raised them, the water fell on him. Everybody around started to laugh and he didn't feel very well about it.
  I got mad, I laughed, I made a lot of friends, but unfortunately, even invited, I couldn't arrive at the Galla. Anyway, seeing how much fun they had, I was really happy. Here is a link where you can see the video from the Gala.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6bmebb5kdg

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu